Fremont, California – .com Solutions Inc. today is pleased to announce the release of FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 8.23 with support for automated Microsoft Access to FileMaker Pro Advanced 16 migrations. This release supports FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 – 16 on macOS and Windows. FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 8.23 enhances the Access to FileMaker 16 conversion feature in the following ways:
* Text label objects render more accurately in regards to text size and style
* Text field backgrounds now support transparency, allowing visibility of static text behind the field
* Push button objects set to the default grey color in Access will be rendered to look more like a modern push button object created within FileMaker 16
* Improved acOptionGroup (radio button group) processing by removing duplicated acLabel objects since the values of the acLabel objects will be incorporated into a FileMaker value list
* Added support for pasting Value Lists from FmPro Migrator into FileMaker 16. This feature now includes support for Field based as well as Custom Value Lists
Converting legacy Microsoft Access databases to FileMaker 16 offers many advantages including:
* Cross platform compatibility: FileMaker solutions run directly on macOS, Windows and IOS devices. WebDirect serves FileMaker custom apps to all mobile and desktop platforms running a supported web browser. Access can only run on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
* Easier database sharing: FileMaker database files can be shared using FileMaker Server or FileMaker Cloud with macOS, Windows and IOS devices. WebDirect serves FileMaker database files to any device or platform using any supported web browser.
* Improved reliability: Access database files require frequent maintenance to “compact and repair” the database. Sharing Access files on a network file share typically results in file corruption. FileMaker solutions don’t have any of these problems and file sharing is reliably supported from within the FileMaker application for peer to peer sharing or via FileMaker Server or FileMaker Cloud on AWS.
* Greatly enhanced file capacity: FileMaker supports a 7TB filesize compared with the anemic 2GB Access filesize limit. If the Access database file ever exceeds the 2GB file size limit, it will immediately become corrupted.
* Easier Development: Upgrading to FileMaker Pro 16 also offers developers the opportunity to take advantage of the latest design, development and security features included with FileMaker Pro Advanced 16 and FileMaker Server 16 including WebDirect capacity enhancements.
According to Microsoft: “We no longer recommend Access Services for new apps. This feature will be retired from Office 365. We will stop creation of new Access-based apps in SharePoint Online starting June 2017 and shut down any remaining apps by April 2018.”
Pricing and Availability:
FmPro Migrator Developer Edition is priced at ($600) per developer, and is available immediately. For more information, please contact David Simpson. For more information, please contact David Simpson.
Founded in 1999 by David Simpson in Sunny California, .com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, VB6, LiveCode and Visual FoxPro developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. Copyright (C) 1999-2017 .com Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. FileMaker is a registered trademark of FileMaker, Inc. – An Apple Subsidiary. Apple, the Apple logo and macOS platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Halide 1.6 Adds Features and Speeds Up the Highly-Acclaimed Camera App - December 15, 2017
- FileMaker Add-Ons Now 25% Off – SeedCode’s Year-End Sale - December 15, 2017
- VeggieGo – A Mobile Guide to Vegetarian Restaurants and Shops - December 15, 2017