Berlin, Germany – KnowledgeMiner Software today is pleased to announce Ockham 2.0 for Mac OS X, its innovative app for performing rigorous sensitivity analyses for a high number of model parameters. Ockham is based on self-organizing analysis concepts, and it is designed to be a valuable tool in academic research and for industry practitioners across a wide spectrum of disciplines including but not limited to environmental engineers, pharmaceutical scientists, oil and gas reservoir simulation engineers, government agencies and local authorities.
Ockham is a novel and easy to use tool, which reads data representing a mathematical model in an open Excel worksheet to perform a global sensitivity analysis of the model. Ockham’s new and original approach to global sensitivity analysis considers both single parameters and interactions between model parameters as a more complete, more accurate, and safer assessment of uncertainty than ‘one-factor-at-a-time’ approaches used in other commercial software.
* High degree of automation by implementation of original self-organizing modelling concepts proven in other products of the company for many years
* Based on the theory of variance-based global sensitivity analysis (Sobol indices)
* Determines the influence of not only single parameters but also their interactions
* Simple, one-click communication with Excel to read data and to report analysis results back to Excel or other apps
“Sensitivity analysis is a crucially important tool for assessing and validating complex models,” commented Dr Romain Lambert of Imperial College London and author of the method implemented by KnowledgeMiner Software. “Ockham allows without special knowledge in sensitivity analysis to identify most important drivers of models most objectively and easily from a small set of observational data. I invite everyone interested in Ockham to download our free Demo version.”
* English, French, and German
* OS X 10.10 or higher
* 64-bit CPU
* Microsoft Excel for Mac version 2011 or newer
Pricing and Availability:
Ockham 2.0 starts at $15 (USD), and it is available worldwide exclusively through the KnowledgeMiner Software website. A free Demo version is available for download. Review copies are available on request.
Located in Berlin, Germany, KnowledgeMiner Software is a privately held company founded in 1993. The company is active in research, development, consulting, and application of outstanding self-organizing modelling and analysis technologies. It developed the distinguished Insights and Ockham tools for the Mac by implementing a number of original technologies for high-dimensional inductive modelling and global sensitivity analysis. KMS has been doing consulting in model development and prediction of toxicological and eco-toxicological hazards and risks of chemical compounds from experimental data for regulatory purposes within REACH and participated in three international research projects funded by the European Commission related to QSAR. Other fields of activity have been climate change related modelling and prediction problems, probabilistic energy forecasting, sales and demand predictions, medical diagnosis, and wastewater reuse problems. Copyright (C) 2017 KnowledgeMiner Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Spin a Zoo for iOS/Android – Build a Zoo filled with Adorable Animals - October 19, 2017
- ProVUE Development Releases Panorama X RAM based database for Macintosh - October 19, 2017
- Connexion – Connecting Singles for iOS/Android – Popular Dating App - October 19, 2017