Lyndeborough, New Hampshire – Pirate’s Moon, Inc. today is proud to announce the release of MyArtTools 1.0.1, the important update to their popular drawing app, created exclusively for use with the 12.9-inch iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil. MyArtTools allows artists to take full advantage of the precision of the Apple Pencil, with the large screen iPad Pro.
MyArtTools offers a large number of features that make it valuable as both an artistic tool, and a business tool. The app was developed to emulate real-life artistic media, including pastels, brushes, pencil, conte, and other mediums. The tools respond perfectly to the precision capabilities of the Apple Pencil/iPad Pro combination, which work together with MyArtTools to create a serious artist’s tool.
MyArtTools developer Richard Hoeper grew up along the water’s edge in a small town in Florida, exposed to a naturally beautiful environment which included expansive vistas of water, tropical sunrises and sunsets, and tropical foliage. His college studies earned him both a Bachelor of Fine Arts and a Bachelor of Information Science, allowing him to bring a unique approach to the development of his drawing app.
“As a traditional artist, I wanted to bring to the tablet screen the equivalent of my drawing pad with virtual tools that suited me, including pastels, brushes, conte and other media. Various applications I’d tried didn’t satisfy my needs,” says Richard. “When the iPad 2 was released in 2011, I developed a proof-of-concept for a drawing app, but was frustrated when trying to create precision drawing tools for use with a finger as a drawing tool. When the iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil debuted, I knew my dreams had come true.”
As an artistic tool, the app offers:
* 16 Drawing, sketching and painting tools
* Multiple drawing layers
* Ability to import images from the iPad Photos Album
* Ability to capture images with the iPad’s built-in cameras
* Share creations via Email, Text Messages, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Weibo
Business users will appreciate the following features:
* The ability to create multi-layered presentations
* Presentations shared wirelessly to Apple TV via AirPlay
* Rapidly prototype designs
* Extensive help files included
MyArtTools offers sixteen drawing/painting tools in the Tool Panel in addition to utility tools, like selection, eraser, eye dropper and color pickers. A good number of the app’s tools require the precision of the Apple Pencil, including the Pencil, Pen, Pastel, Brush, Conte, Spray Can, and Free Form Shape tools.
What’s New in Version 1.0.1:
* The eye dropper recognizes orientation changes
* The eye dropper detects the correct zoom scale of the canvas
* The eye dropper remains highlighted when selecting color wells
* The eye dropper remains active when the background is made transparent
* When the eye dropper is active, selecting color wells does not open the color wheel
* When the eye dropper is active, unlocking the lock tool inactivates the eye dropper
* The bezier shape tool no longer creates invisible shapes
* Updated the help files to include the above changes
“I’m proud of the results of my work, the application’s tools look quite similar to what can be found on canvas or paper in any artist’s studio,” continues Richard. “The app had humble beginnings as a Flash app, and has finally come into its own with the availability of the big-screen iPad Pro and it’s Apple Pencil accessory. It has taken a year to create the app in Swift, and to refine it down to the artistic tool that the first version of the app offers. I will continue to refine the app until it takes its well-deserved place among the top artist’s tools available on the iPad Pro.”
* 12.9-inch iPad Pro
* Requires iOS 10.1 or later
* 28.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MyArtTools 1.0.1 is only $4.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. Potential buyers of the app should note that MyArtTools requires a 12.9-inch iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, as some of the drawing tools included in the app are too small to respond properly to a finger touch on a smaller screen. Review copies are available upon request to members of the press.
Pirate’s Moon, Inc., of Lyndeborough, NH, was founded in 2007 and acquired Digital Arts Studio of Indialantic, Florida to provide interactive multimedia development services. Our focus in on the user-facing design and coding of commercial products. All Material and Software (C) 2017 Pirate’s Moon, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- CS Odessa announces updated ConceptDraw PLAN v2 - October 17, 2017
- WaterField unveils the Ranger iPhone X Case – A Unique Leather Holster - October 17, 2017
- Augmented Reality App, AR Flashcards Reaches 1 Million Downloads - October 16, 2017