Fehraltorf, Switzerland – B-Eng is very pleased to announce the release of Anti Virus Lite 1.0, their high-speed anti-virus software for Mac OS. Anti Virus Lite is designed for maximum speed and efficiency, with the aim to be the fastest anti-virus software available.
“We compared a lot of different anti-virus tools, and most of them had one thing in common,” according to Christian Schaffner, general manager of B-Eng. They were using resources when not in use, performing background tasks with no clear purpose, at least none that is obvious to the user.”
Anti Virus Lite has passed the EICAR test and is able to detect various other threats than viruses:
* An adware scanner is included, helping to keep the browser free of clutter
* Detection of viruses that are hidden in compressed files
* Detection of encrypted viruses, malware, adware and trojans
* A drag and drop scanner is included, to check specific files by dropping them in the scanner
“Sometimes quicker is better, especially when we talk about a software tool that is able to interfere anytime when necessary, and a virus scanner certainly should be able to interfere at any given time.” explains Christian Schaffner the reason to develop a virus scanner that is aimed at speed, and adds: “No security aspect has been neglected, we did even set up 2 teams, one of them attacking the computer of the other team that was developing the Anit Virus Lite. After all, security should not be a trade-off for speed, and I can proudly say that none of us knows of any anti-virus software that is quicker than Anti Virus Lite.”
* OS X 10.10 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 6.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Anti Virus Lite 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. For promotional codes or more information, please contact Christian Schaffner.
Located in Fehraltorf, Switzerland, Bachmann Engineering (or B-Eng) is an independant swiss company, specialized in custom electronics and software. Founded in 2003 by Harry Bachmann, the company is very strong in development of custom algorithms for special purposes, adaptive software and prototype design. All Material and Software (C) 2003-2017 B-Eng / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Now following through with family into Live gaming video facebook youtube.
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Chroniric XIX Brings Time-travelling Adventures to Mobile, Launches Sept. 27 - September 24, 2018
- Unbelievable! An App That Helps You With Problems You Face In Your Life - September 24, 2018
- Space Hulk: Tactics pre-order beta begins on Steam September 25 – watch the Genestealer trailer now! - September 24, 2018