Fehraltorf, Switzerland – B-Eng today is proud to announce the immediate availability of Anti Virus Plus for Mac. Anti Virus Plus is a virus scanner with advanced features, making it an all-round security software. Besides of regular scans Anti Virus Plus allows several advanced scanning methods as follows:
* Drag and drop scan: drag and drop any file for an immediate scan
* Auto directory scanner: newly added files are scanned automatically
* Adware scanner
* Scanner for compressed viruses and malware
* Detection of encrypted viruses, malware, adware and trojans
* Virus and malware definitions are updated every hour
* Vulnerability scanner detects loopholes and unsecure security settings
* Port scanner for advanced security
“We wanted an all-round package that we know what it does, a virus scanner that is able to nail every hole that we know of. This means we had to implement much more than just the ability to recognize viruses” as Christian Schaffner, General Manager of B-Eng, explains. “A lot of attacks make use of open ports, therefore we included a port scanner. A lot of malware and virus sneak in and are not recognized as what they are – we included a function that not only detects compressed viruses and malware but also encrypted files that can do harm to your computer. We wanted not only a fast scanner, but also a scanner that doesn’t eat resources when idling by running unnecessary background tasks.”
Christian Schaffner also pointed out that a lot of virus scanners on the market don’t do what they promise. “We found one specific scanner that simply checks the version of macOS and based on that it states that the computer is safe, which of course is no proof for the integrity and security at all. Anti Virus Plus runs extended routines to check the integrity of the OS, and it does it fast.” Anti Virus Plus also contains a browser cleaner and has successfully passed the EICAR test.
Pricing and Availability:
Anti Virus Plus runs on MacOS 10.11 or newer, and is available for $19.99 (USD). It is available on the homepage of B-Eng and is a one-time-purchase, which means that there are no additional fees. For an NFR license, or more information, please contact Christian Schaffner.
Located in Fehraltorf, Switzerland, Bachmann Engineering (or B-Eng) is an independant swiss company, specialized in custom electronics and software. Founded in 2003 by Harry Bachmann, the company is very strong in development of custom algorithms for special purposes, adaptive software and prototype design. All Material and Software (C) 2003-2017 B-Eng / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- AudioFile for iOS 1.0 – Find Your Voice Memos - January 17, 2018
- Follywood Presents #Pandamonium, Where Ridiculous Happens - January 17, 2018
- Typinator 7.4 With Improved Quick Search and 30+ Further Enhancements - January 16, 2018