London, United Kingdom – Ben Software today announced a major update to its iOS and tvOS app for viewing and managing SecuritySpy CCTV systems. SecuritySpy is a video surveillance solution for macOS that turns any Mac into a CCTV recording station. With the iOS and tvOS app, users can easily monitor their CCTV systems from wherever they are.
Customers can use their iPhone, iPad or Apple TV to view live video and audio, playback captured footage, control PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) and set camera recording modes, all from over a local network or over the Internet.
The main features of the SecuritySpy iOS and tvOS app are as follows:
* View live video and audio from all your cameras
* Instant notifications of motion events, with images
* PTZ control (Pan, Tilt, Zoom)
* Two-way audio (receive from and send audio to cameras)
* JPEG and H.264 streaming for optimum performance over different networks
* Save or share images from your cameras via email, iMessage, iCloud Photo Sharing and more
* Arm or disarm camera recording modes
* Easy setup with auto-detection of SecuritySpy servers on your network
* View and manage multiple SecuritySpy servers
* Multiplex: cycle through groups of simultaneous live camera views in full screen
* Captures: play back previously-captured footage, including motion-detected clips, image files or whole-day movies
“Many of us are spending increasing amounts of time on mobile devices instead of desktops, and we wanted to ensure that our customers had a seamless experience of SecuritySpy across all their devices” said Ben Bird, the developer of SecuritySpy. “Our app ensures that users have easy access to their CCTV cameras even when they are on the go.”
This update (version 1.1) adds instant notifications of motion events, live H.264 streaming for low bandwidth and high performance when viewing cameras over the Internet, two-way audio support, and much more. A full list of improvements in this new version is as follows:
* Added push notifications with images
* Added live H.264 video
* Added two-way audio with supported network cameras
* Added settings for aspect ratio, live H.264, capture preview size, and capture movie quality
* Added a “Copy Link” option in the camera share sheet for launching SecuritySpy from other apps with a custom URL
* Added peek and pop to preview captures on devices that support 3D Touch
* Improved the PTZ interface and added a menu for presets
* Double-tap a camera in multiplex to display it full screen
* Added multiplex group sizes of 2, 6, and 12 cameras
* Added a menu to filter captures by type
* Added a disconnected indicator when a camera’s image can’t be refreshed
* Improved automatic detection of each server’s LAN and WAN addresses
* Fixed a bug affecting server connection when hosting via NGINX
* Fixed a bug which caused attempts to delete a capture to fail
* Other bug fixes and improvements
Pricing and Availability:
The SecuritySpy app for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV is a free download from Apple’s App Store that offers most of its features for free. To access the Multiplex and Playback features, there is an in-app purchase available that costs GBP GBP4.49 (USD $5.99). This is a one-time payment that covers ALL devices linked to one Apple ID account. Customers will need a Mac running SecuritySpy 4.1.2 to use all the features of this app. SecuritySpy itself can be trialed for 30 days before purchase, with no demo limitations whatsoever. Read more, and download the software.
Ben Software Ltd is an independent software development house focused on providing high-quality video-related software for the Mac platform. Copyright (C) 2017 Ben Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, macOS, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Now following through with family into Live gaming video facebook youtube.
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Chroniric XIX Brings Time-travelling Adventures to Mobile, Launches Sept. 27 - September 24, 2018
- Unbelievable! An App That Helps You With Problems You Face In Your Life - September 24, 2018
- Space Hulk: Tactics pre-order beta begins on Steam September 25 – watch the Genestealer trailer now! - September 24, 2018