Naperville, Illinois – Twocanoes Software has released Winclone 6, an upgrade to its award-winning Boot Camp cloning and migration software for the Mac. The update features support for migrating Boot Camp to new MacBook Pro models, an updated interface, a new toolbar, in-app purchasing, file-based cloning, read/write mounting of NTFS volumes and support for Windows WIM format for package-based deployments.
What’s New in Winclone 6:
* Support for new USB-C Macs – Winclone 6 supports cloning and restoring Boot Camp on Apple’s new USB-C MacBook and MacBook Pro models. The USB-C Mac models include disks equipped with a different block size than previous Mac models and most USB drives. Winclone 6 seamlessly clones Boot Camp between drives of all block sizes.
* Read/Write Mounting of NTFS Volumes – Mount Boot Camp or other NTFS drives in read/write mode whenever you need to copy data between Mac and Windows volumes. All editions include support for mounting Boot Camp in read/write mode.
* Updated Interface – A pleasing new color scheme makes using Winclone 6 easier than ever.
* Native Support for the WIM format as well as prior Winclone image format – Winclone 6 supports both block-based and file-based cloning for maximum flexibility and backward compatibility.
* Package support for USB-C Macs – Deploy Winclone packages to USB-C Macs with 4096-byte block drives
* Package support for WIM based Images – Deploy Winclone packages in WIM format to all supported Mac models
* New Toolbar for Easy Access to common tasks – Winclone 6 improves the easy-to-use interface found in previous versions with a convenient toolbar for easier access to frequently used features and quick access to technical support and tutorial videos.
* In-App purchase of license and upgrades – Choose and purchase the edition that best suits your needs right in the app. When you need the additional power and features, upgrade to Winclone Standard or Pro without leaving the app.
* Better Detection of Windows Version – Winclone 6 improves capability of identifying the Windows version to ensure your Boot Camp is compatible after migration to another Mac.
* Easy Access to Tutorial Videos – Jump straight to Winclone’s reference library of videos to get up and running or explore Winclone’s many features.
* Submit Support Ticket in the App – Need help? Send questions right from Winclone 6 to to get fast, friendly assistance from Twocanoes Software’s tech support team.
* Log Collection Compatibility for macOS – Winclone 6 supports Apple’s new logging format introduced in MacOS 10.12 (Sierra), making diagnostics and troubleshooting easier than ever.
* New Preference for Selecting File or Block-based imaging – Built for novices and experts alike, Winclone 6 makes it easy to integrate Winclone images with other industry standard deployment tools.
Winclone 6 Features (All Editions):
* Clone Boot Camp volume to Winclone image
* Restore Winclone image to Boot Camp volume
* New toolbar for frequently used features
* Mount Boot Camp in read/write mode, eject volume
* Quick access to videos, knowledge base articles and technical support
* In-app purchase and upgrade Winclone 6
* Option to choose File or Block-based cloning
* Daily automatic incremental backups of Windows user files
* Legacy support for older Winclone images
* USB-C Mac (2016 MacBook Pro) support
* Improved detection of Windows version
* Set Windows boot mode to legacy or EFI
* Improved logging for MacOS 10.12 (Sierra)
Standard and Pro Editions:
* Clone external Boot Camp volume to Winclone Image
* Restore Winclone image to external volume
* Restore Winclone image to disk image
* Disk to disk Boot Camp migration
* Shrink the Windows file system for resizing Boot Camp
* Create self-installing package of Boot Camp partition
* Option to choose WIM-based or block based installer packages
Winclone earned MacWorld Magazine’s Gem of the Year Award in 2013, stating “if you use OS X’s Boot Camp feature for running Windows on your Mac, you need Winclone.” Winclone saves a disk image of your Mac’s Boot Camp partition for easy backup in the event of disk failure or virus infection. Restoring Boot Camp to full working order is as easy as restoring a Winclone image.
The Winclone Backup utility included in every edition of Winclone automatically saves your Windows User folder every day, making sure your Boot Camp backups are always current. For migrating Windows or upgrading to a new Mac, Winclone Standard is a must-have app. Winclone is flexible, making it easy to migrate Boot Camp no matter how you do it.
* Mac OS X 10.11 or higher including MacOS Sierra 10.12
* Windows 7 64-bit (on supported Mac hardware) or higher including Windows 10
* Boot Camp partition
Winclone 6 Pricing
* Basic License (non-commercial, one license per computer): $19.99 USD
* Standard License (commercial and personal, one license for up to two computers): $39.99 USD
* Pro License (commercial, one license for up to 50 Mac client endpoints): $249.99 USD
* Educational and Institutional Pricing is available
All volume license customers that are currently enrolled in our Support and Maintenance program will receive Winclone 6 free of charge. Winclone 6 can be downloaded from the Twocanoes website. For more information about Winclone 6, please visit Twocanoes Software online.
Based in Naperville, Illinois, Twocanoes Software was founded by Timothy Perfitt in 2012. Focusing on iOS and OS X exclusively, Twocanoes provides customers with software to perform complex IT tasks with minimum effort. Copyright (C) 2012-2017 Twocanoes Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, OS X and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- MacX Full Flagship Family Embraces iPhone X/8, Galaxy S8/Note 8, Mate 10 - October 20, 2017
- Black Operations 2 – Action-packed Strategy game comes to multi touch - October 20, 2017
- Mobo Greenhouse Garden – Engaging Farm Game for Preschoolers - October 20, 2017