Portland, Oregon – App Camp For Girls, a non-profit organization aimed at correcting the gender imbalance in the software industry, has opened registration for 2017, the fifth year of its popular summer program that teaches girls how to make mobile apps in one week.
At App Camp for Girls, aspiring software developers receive a broad introduction to the process of iOS app development, from brainstorming and designing ideas to building and pitching their apps. The participants use Mac(R) computers and Apple’s suite of developer tools to build their apps and run them on iPod touch(R) devices. This year, the girls will also work with Apple’s new educational tool, Swift Playgrounds, a new app for iPad(R) that teaches Swift code in a fun and interactive way.
By building an app in one week, girls get a sense of accomplishment that can spark their enthusiasm to pursue further tech education. Past participants have enthusiastically recommended the transformative experience of App Camp for Girls:
* “A camp where it’s only girls so you can be yourself. No experience needed.”
* “It is a place where girls become the future.”
* “It opened up a world that I loved learning about.”
* “It was so fun and helped girls be confident that they can do anything they believe in.”
Camp session dates are as follows:
* Portland, OR: July 10-14, 2017
* Phoenix, AZ: July 17-21, 2017
* Seattle, WA: July 17-21, 2017
* Chicago, IL: July 24-28, 2017
Camp tuition is $400 (USD) for the week. In addition to launching a new location in Chicago, the program will again take place in Portland, Seattle, and Phoenix. Parents can register for 2017 sessions on the App Camp For Girls website. All sessions will be held in July 2017. Space is very limited; early registration is highly recommended.
App Camp For Girls seeks to address the gender imbalance in technology professions by inspiring middle-school age girls with a broad introduction to the process of app development, from brainstorming and designing ideas to building and pitching their apps. We believe that the experience of creating an app that runs on a device in one week can spark the enthusiasm that will propel girls to pursue further tech education. In addition, App Camp For Girls is a place for women in the tech community to come together, network, and provide mutual support in their endeavors to advance in the field of software development. We encourage and support our volunteers to continue their own education in programming and design. All Material (C) Copyright 2017 App Camp For Girls. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, Xcode, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Simply Trivial released for iOS – General-Knowledge Trivia Game - February 20, 2018
- Gro CRM – The Popular Mac CRM Platform now includes Stripe Integration - February 20, 2018
- WebSonar Libraries – A better Way to Organize, Access and Share - February 20, 2018