Munich, Germany – Isle of the Kakapo is today proud to announce the release and immediate availability of RailModeller Pro 5.3, their model railroad and slot car layout design solution for macOS. The app offers sophisticated tools that enable hobbyists to quickly design model train and slot car track layouts via drag & drop, features libraries for more than 240 track systems, and offers customizable views of track layouts in both two and three dimensions. This latest major update of RailModeller Pro features:
* Native support for baseboards: Baseboards indicate the general shape of the layout to be built – without getting in the way with the planning. Once created, baseboards behave like passive background elements that don’t interfere with the track planning activity. Dimensions can be displayed for each border of a baseboard and any number of baseboards can be added to a track layout.
* Baseboard Assistant: The new assistant provides a quick way for getting started with commonly used layout shapes like L-shapes, U-shapes and others. Select a general shape template, customize the dimensions to match the required values and start planning your modeltrain layout with just a few clicks. Completely custom baseboard shapes are of course supported for more specific requirements.
In addition the latest update includes updates to the libraries in the bundled catalog of 240 track libraries and general bug fixes.
RailModeller Pro’s easy-to-use interface allows track designers to create layouts of up to 10km x 10km or 6.2 x 6.2 miles organized in up to 99 layers. The app includes all components to complete a train or slot car track layout, including flex tracks, buildings, symbols, and other items in scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm (1:22.5). Track elements can be dropped onto the layout, rotated, and positioned where desired, users can simply click to append one or more track elements in the layout, create tunnel sections, add graphical shapes, arrows, dimensions, import background images and more.
RailModeller Pro automatically generates a shopping list, (including prices), as the layout is created, making for an easy reference when it comes time to purchase required components for the layout. An integrated stock management maintains the inventory of tracks already purchased, displaying the number of tracks remaining in stock when working on a specific layout or filtering the shopping list to show only missing tracks that need to be purchased to complete the layout.
* A library catalog featuring libraries for more than 240 track systems for most vendors of track material
* Covers model scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm (1:22.5)
* A clean and intuitive, Mac like user experience
* An automatically adapting drawing canvas never running out of space
* Sophisticated, yet easy to use tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts
* Assistants that allow placing tracks at arbitrary heights, creating track grades, insert parallel tracks or close gaps
* Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections
* Advanced functionality for creating selections
* Clean-up wizards for complex layouts
* Customizable viewing modes for visualizing the track layout in two and three dimensions
* Automatically generates shopping lists as the design is laid out
* The built-in stock tracking feature keeps track of items already owned
* Print layouts in any scale from a single sheet of paper to full-sized 1:1 scale
* Image import in various formats (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others)
* Export track layouts in numerous image file formats at any resolution
* An integrated help manual
* OS X 10.9 or later
* 64-bit Processor
* 10.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
RailModeller Pro 5.3 is available for only $39.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. A free version, RailModeller Express – which is suitable for smaller layouts with a limited number of tracks – is also available through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Munich, Germany, Isle of the Kakapo is owned and operated by Jan Barnholt. Founded in 2015, Isle of the Kakapo is a software company specializing in providing innovative apps for the Mac and iOS platforms. All Material and Software (C) Copyright Isle of the Kakapo. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Portland Cardiologist Launches New Heart Attack Prevention App - March 22, 2018
- SoundMeter X Succeeds the Original iPhone Sound Level Meter - March 22, 2018
- Output Factory for InDesign Is Now Available on the New Adobe Exchange - March 21, 2018