Glasgow, Scotland – Dramatic Software Co Ltd today is pleased to announce the worldwide release of Who Gave Me What 1.0, their new gift tracking app developed for iPhone and iPad.
The idea came to lead developer Andrew Forrest in December 2015, when his baby daughter was born. The couple soon started to lose track of presents the baby had received, especially clothes and soft toys. They took to recording gifts in the iPhone Notes app, with a photo of each gift. However, recording gifts as notes quickly became unmanageable for more than a small handful of items, and keeping track of who had already been sent a thank-you card proved unwieldy.
Andrew, lead developer with Dramatic Software Co, searched the Apple App Store and found a number of apps for helping you plan to give other people presents – but none to help you track gifts you have received. It was then that he hit on the idea of designing an app which would be easier to use than either pen and paper or Notes, while allowing the user to add photos of gifts straight from the device camera. It would also be able to link them instantly with givers from the user’s Address Book and, crucially, to mark them ‘thanked’ or ‘unthanked’.
“The app seemed like something we would find useful,” said Andrew, 42. “And after using it ourselves for real over this Christmas and New Year, it was a relief to find that, yes, it does genuinely make keeping track of gifts much, much easier, and less error-prone for us.”
Who Gave Me What functions as a simple-to-use database – Each gift is associated with a giver (from the phone’s Address Book contacts, if they’re in there), and an occasion: birthdays, Christmas, New Year, Eid, Hanukkah, a new baby, a wedding, engagement, graduation or anything else. Givers and occasions can be added just by typing in a name, and they can easily be reused for any subsequent gift.
Users can then choose to view gifts ordered by occasion, who they’re from, or based on whether or not the giver is still to be thanked. Although it was an important goal to keep the app as simple as possible, it does include the ability to use the giver’s contact details to send them a thank-you email, text message or WhatsApp message, or to initiate a thank-you phone call directly from the app.
As to the name, Andrew said, “We thought ‘it’s a straightforward app. It should have a straightforward name!'”
* Familiar, efficient interface based on Apple UI guidelines
* Optimised for quick entry of multiple gifts
* Givers can be selected from the user’s Address Book contacts
* Each gift can have one (or many) photos attached to it
* One convenient view shows all gifts for which the giver has not yet been thanked
* Integrates with the camera and photo library for adding photos to gifts
* Thank-you messages can be sent directly from the app via iMessage, WhatsApp or email
* The user can initiate a phone call to a giver directly from the app
* The number of unthanked gifts appears as a ‘badge’ on the app icon, so you can check it without opening the app
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 11.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Who Gave Me What 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. For more information, please contact Andrew Forrest.
Dramatic Software Co Ltd is an independent software company based in Glasgow, Scotland. We provide software-engineering-for-hire to companies in the recycling and logistics sectors, focusing on software reliability and ease-of-use, and develop consumer mobile apps for the iOS and Android platforms. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2017 Dramatic Software Co Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- YouLudi 1.0.2 released for iOS – Cultural Event Sharing App - February 16, 2018
- Introducing Math Mathews Fractions for iOS – Innovative Adventure Game - February 16, 2018
- Default Folder X 5.2.2 improves speed, adds features and fixes bugs - February 16, 2018