Silent Depth Offers Players a World War II Submarine Battle SimulationDecember 23, 2016
Miesbach, Germany – Codeknitters today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of Silent Depth 1.0.2, an important update to their entertaining and challenging 3D submarine simulation for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android devices. Players take command of a World War II Gato/Balao class submarine on patrol in the perilous waters of the Pacific Ocean. Captains must face the challenge of attacking Japanese merchant ships, while avoiding detection by the dangerous Japanese Navy destroyer escorts.
Players who accept the challenge of this comprehensive submarine simulator will need to plan their attacks carefully. They’ll be faced with opposition by Japanese warships and fighter planes, as they work to complete missions successfully; while faced with changing weather conditions, various types of fleets, and three levels of difficulty.
“Silent Depth is the first real 3D submarine simulation ever created for iOS and Android devices. While there have been arcade-type games built around submarine warfare, this is the first one that requires the player to pay close attention to the conditions and types of enemy they will face,” says Martin Leidel, co-founder of Codeknitters, and the developer of Silent Depth. “The game takes place in the Pacific Ocean, which makes for a huge challenge for any player!”
* Challenging day/night cycles include realistic sun/moon/star settings and lighting
* Variable weather conditions affect player visibility with fog and rain
* Realistic water effects
* Huge gaming world includes the entire Pacific Ocean
* Realistic damage models require players to repair their submarine
* Players must prioritize their tasks, dependent whether their vessel is surfaced or submerged
* Avoid detection by the enemy as long as possible
* Sink enemy ships using the sub’s torpedoes or deck gun
* Encounter over 10 different enemy ships
* Face a variety of fleets, such as single targets, both with and without escorts
* Three difficulty levels offer a challenge for all types of players
* Offers training mission
* Game offers different water quality settings, depending on device hardware
Silent Depth brings realistic World War II-in-the-Pacific action to any iOS or Android user. The game is not simply an arcade-based shooter. Instead, players are required to truly take on the role of a wartime U.S. submarine captain; requiring them to carefully plan their strategy, in order to inflict damage on the enemy’s fleet.
Players will face realistic weather conditions and water effects, while missions are waged during both daytime and nighttime conditions. The enemy is made up of over 10 different types of vessels, including: battleships, carriers, destroyers, cruisers, tankers, troop transporters, freighters, submarines. If the player’s sub takes on damage, they’ll be required to repair the submarine in order to return to battle as soon as possible.
What’s New in Version 1.0.2:
* Fixed a situation where the torpedo count which could become negative
* Fixed a situation where the battery was not charged in overview map
“Silent Depth was designed to offer as realistic a World War II submarine battle experience as is possible using current technology,” says Codeknitters co-founder Christoph Schmucker. “We believe we have accomplished our goal. We hope our players will share their gameplay experiences with us, be they good or bad. We will continue to work on Silent Depth, making it the best possible submarine simulation available on mobile devices. Run silent, run deep!”
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 242 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Silent Depth 1.0.2 is just $7.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. An Android version is also available through Google Play. Redeem codes are available to app reviewers upon request.
Headquartered in Miesbach, Germany, Codeknitters was founded in 2012 by Martin Leidel and Christoph Schmucker, with the aim of creating high quality, enjoyable games for mobile devices. The team has released 9 games so far, including Silent Depth, which is their first 3D game. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2016 Codeknitters. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.