Boulder, Colorado – The Alchemist Guild LLC today is proud to announce the release of DockShelf 1.5, an update to their popular Dock management utility developed exclusively for macOS. Did you ever wish your Dock could do more or handle more of your apps and files? DockShelf lets you place unlimited docks around your desktop so you never run out of space again for your commonly used files, folders and applications! With DockShelf launching your favorite documents and apps is faster and more powerful because you control where your docks are positioned, how many are on screen, how they’re labeled and when they’re visible.
What are DockShelf’s primary features?
* Tabs – Display docks as tabs which can easily be expanded by hovering the mouse over them
* Browse Folders – Navigate the contents of folders from popup windows using a variety of different viewing options
* Desktops – Extend your Macs desktop with docks
* Smart Folders – Add smart folders to docks which use Spotlight to quickly find files on your Mac then browse the results from the dock
* Stacks – Group any number of files together into a stack which can be browsed via a popup window
* Process and devices docks – Add special docks that show all the processes currently open or external devices connected
* Workspaces – Switch between multiple workspaces depending on the app set currently being used
* Never in the way – Hide docks entirely or depending on which app is currently active
* Notes – Add and edit notes directly from docks using the text editor
* More than just files – Add and launch: Links , Mail messages, Calendar events, text clippings and more
* Themes and Customization – The app comes pre-packaged with a variety of themes for different tastes and customization options
What’s new in 1.5:
Most notably the “Desktops” app has been integrated into DockShelf allowing for unlimited mini-desktops to be launched directly from your docks. Now there are more ways than ever to organize your commonly used documents and quickly launch apps on your Mac.
Other important features and improvements include:
* Animations have been optimized so DockShelf feels smoother and snappier now
* URL items can show an optional favorite icon
* Paste files, links, text and images into stacks or folders
* Text, images and links can be dropped and saved into folder items and folder docks
* Variety of different themes to choose from
* Many more improvements, features and bug fixes
* OS X 10.9 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 9.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
DockShelf 1.5 is currently only $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. DockShelf can also be purchased from Alchemist Guild online. There is a free demo available for download.
With a history spanning back to the late 90’s and RPG gaming on the classic Mac OS, The Alchemist Guild in its current form didn’t become active until the early 2000’s when sole proprietor and lead developer Ryan Joseph began work porting a PERL IDE from the classic Mac OS to OS X. Since then The Alchemist Guild has been working on various utilities and productivity apps on the Mac with TaskCard and DockShelf (an innovation Dock alternative) being their most prominent projects. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Alchemist Guild LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Output Factory Server for InDesign Adds Multi-Format Output Hot Folders - August 16, 2017
- Securely wipe or clean iOS devices with new Data Shredder for iOS 2 - August 16, 2017
- Math: Unknown 1.0.0 – A step-by-step math learning game for iOS - August 16, 2017