Reston, Virginia – Software and Computer Systems Company, LLC (SCSC) is pleased to announce the release of Scannerz for Mac OS X, version 22.214.171.124A. This version includes updates for all utilities in the package allowing for full compatibility with macOS 10.12, Sierra. Scannerz is a package of utilities designed to help users identify hardware and performance problems with their Macintosh systems. The package consists of the following applications:
* Scannerz version 126.96.36.199A
* Phoenix version 2.2
* Performance Probe 2.2
* FSE 1.11
Scannerz itself is a diagnostic utility that can be used to do the following:
* Scan SSDs for bad blocks
* Scan hard drives for bad and weak sectors
* Automatically evaluate S.M.A.R.T. parameters
* Test internal hard drive or SSD cables
* Test external hard drive or SSD cables
* Evaluate the system bus for faults
* Perform memory tests
Scannerz operates in its basic testing mode where it records system data for historical reference. If problems are detected, the system has diagnostic and cursory modes allowing the user to more fully evaluate the problems.
Phoenix is a hard drive and SSD cloning and recovery too. Phoenix can be used to do the following:
* Perform basic volume cloning
* Extract the core OS onto another drive
* Detect errors during a clone and attempt to recover the data
The core OS extraction done by Phoenix allows a user to essentially recreate a newly installed system. The recovery mode allows the user to attempt copying a corrupt file numerous times, and will skip over the file if it can’t be recovered. The volume cloning is basic but does not require that the source and target drives be of the same size as long as there’s enough free space on the target drive.
Performance Probe is a performance monitoring tool that can help a user isolate applications or processes that are consuming too much memory, CPU time, and even excessive drive or network usage. Performance Probe allows the user to do the following:
* Monitor CPU, I/O, and memory performance
* Monitor memory and drive space
* Take snapshots in real time of CPU usage by process
* Take snapshots in real time of memory usage by process
* Perform load monitoring and averaging based on CPU use
* Graphically track drive activity
* Graphically track network activity
The performance probe user interface is small, measuring only a few inches on each side, but the user can bring up a heads up display window that will provide much more detail and perform load averaging.
FSE is a file system events monitor. FSE monitors file activity such as file additions, deletions, and modifications system wide, with the fully featured version being configurable. With FSE a user may identify the following:
* What files are being modified
* The process modifying them
* File ownership changes
* The types of modifications made to a file
FSE comes in two versions, named FSE and FSE-Lite. FSE is configurable and can be used to target file system activity by process, application name, users, or even locations. FSE-Lite is essentially a “free running” version of FSE and simply records everything going on in the system.
Scannerz comes in two packages as follows:
* Scannerz with FSE, Performance Probe, and Phoenix for $49.95
* Scannerz with FSE-Lite, Performance Probe, and Phoenix for $39.95
All of these applications have now been updated to work under Sierra’s security framework while still maintaining backward compatibility with Mac OS X versions back to and including Mac OS X, 10.6 (Snow Leopard). All current users of previous package have been sent e-mails with update instructions, and the update comes at no charge to current users.
Software and Computer Systems Company, LLC (SCSC) was formed in 2005. It is legally licensed to do business as a limited liability company in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia. Originally, SCSC focussed on producing its own line of cross platform software tools using Java. The applications consisted of performance enhancing application tools, engineering and scientific tools, and tools for the medical sciences. In 2008, SCSC changed its focus and became dedicated primarily to developing products for use on the Mac OS X and iOS operating systems. SCSC’s product line up for Mac OS X currently consists of Scannerz with FSE, Scannerz with FSE-Lite, FSE, and SpotOff with Spot-O-Meter. Scannerz is a hard drive scanning tool, FSE is a file system events monitor, and FSE-Lite is a less capable version of FSE and is included in all base versions of Scannerz. SpotOff and Spot-O-Meter allow a user to control and monitor Spotlight activity. Copyright (C) 2005-2016 Software and Computer Systems Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Distribution Release: KaOS 2018.01 - January 21, 2018
- MacXDVD Pumps 4K into MacX YouTube Downloader- Download 4K at No.1 Speed - January 19, 2018
- DEVONthink 2.9.17 updates web interface, searches PDF annotations - January 19, 2018