Perth, Australia – Pixelglow Software today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of LetterSnap OCR 1.0 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Users snap pictures of text, and the app then turns it into actual text. LetterSnap is both fast and exact. The front end interface is a simple, one/two-tap workflow. The back end servers use robust optical character recognition (OCR) techniques, powered by Google Cloud Vision.
LetterSnap detangles pictures that would entangle other OCR apps. These pictures include unusual fonts, colored backgrounds, Chinese and Japanese words, even words on a slanted line. Thus the app works well capturing text from the environment, such as business cards, book titles, long sections of prose and even text on computer screens. As developer Glen Low explains: “My passion is fusing these deceptively simple user interfaces with powerful back-end technology. LetterSnap OCR is a perfect example of this idea.”
* Snap pictures with camera
* Pinch to zoom camera
* Tap to focus camera
* Snapped pictures automatically convert to text
* Share text through post, tweet, message, email or note
* AirDrop or directly paste text to a Mac
* Purchase additional snaps in batches of 200, 450 or 950
* History of snapped text
* Delete or clean up sections of snapped text
* Search for snapped text from the Home Screen
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 9.2 or later
* 13.7 MB
LetterSnap OCR 1.0 is available free with 10 snaps included. In-app purchases for additional snaps: 200 for $0.99, 450 for $1.99 and 950 for $3.99 (USD). It is available now in the Productivity category.
Pixelglow Software works disparate ideas into simple yet powerful software. On the Mac OS X, iOS, Windows and web platforms for over 20 years, Pixelglow Software works with clients ranging from small firms to multinationals like WorleyParsons and AT&T. Their port of Graphviz to Mac OS X took two prizes in the Apple Design Awards 2004: Winner for Best Open Source Product and Runner-Up for Best New Product. Their flagship app Instaviz regularly makes it to the Top 100 Business Apps for the iPad. Copyright (C) 2016 Pixelglow Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- B-Eng releases File Manager Pro 1.4 – Dual Panel File Manager for OS X - August 18, 2017
- Solus 3 Released Budgie, GNOME and MATE - August 17, 2017
- Distribution Release: Raspbian based on Debian 9 “Stretch - August 17, 2017