Ekero, Sweden – Maintain today is pleased to announce the release of Cocktail 10.1.1 (Sierra Edition), the latest maintenance update for users running macOS Sierra 10.12. The update is highly recommended for all users of Cocktail (Sierra Edition).
* Added ability to disable Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper is a feature in macOS designed to help protect your Mac from malware and misbehaving apps downloaded from the Internet. Though most Mac users will want to keep Gatekeeper enabled for security purposes, some advanced users find that Gatekeeper is overly zealous in preventing third party apps from being used in macOS.
The Gatekeeper settings can be found in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General. Gatekeeper offers two settings of increasing security: “App Store” and “App Store and identified developers”. The first choice limits users to running apps obtained from the App Store only, the second choice allows users to run apps from the App Store as well as from software developers who have registered with Apple and securely sign their applications. By disabling Gatekeeper you can add third “Anywhere” option that allows users to launch applications from any source.
* Fixed compatibility issues with System Integrity Protection and EtreCheck
* Addresses an issue in which Cocktail could unexpectedly quit when run on macOS Sierra 10.12.2 Developer Beta 2
Cocktail is a general purpose utility for macOS that lets you clean, repair and optimize your Mac. The application serves up a perfect mix of maintenance tools and tweaks, all accessible through a clean and easy to use interface. Cocktail’s features are arranged into five categories that helps you manage various aspects of your computer. It also comes with an automatic Pilot mode that allows you to simply press a button and relax, knowing that Cocktail will take care of the rest.
* Automatically check S.M.A.R.T. status of disks
* Enable or disable journaling
* Set disk sleep (spindown) time
* Modify standby delay
* Change other disk sleep settings
* Force eject CD/DVD
* Run periodic maintenance scripts
* Purge inactive memory and optimize virtual memory usage
* Manage Spotlight indexing
* Erase Spotlight indexes
* Modify Time Machine settings
* Rebuild Launch Services and Help databases
* Rebuild Mail’s Envelope Index
* Update locate and whatis databases
* Force empty the Trash
* Change startup mode or set startup delay
* Disable startup sound
* Disable Gatekeeper
* Disable Notification Center and App Nap
* Clear system caches
* Clear user caches
* Clear font caches
* Clear virtual memory swap files
* Clear temporary files
* Clear Internet caches
* Clear cookies, download lists, form values and history files
* Clear Adobe Flash Player caches and cookies
* Clear applications caches
* Search for corrupted preference files
* Delete unnecessary localization (language resources) files
* Clear and manage (view, print and save) log files
* Delete invisible DS Store files
* Delete locked or inaccessible items
* Change speed, duplex and MTU of network cards
* Easily optimize network settings for common connection types
* Modify IP configuration parameters
* Configure File Sharing settings
* Customize look and features of Finder, Dock, login window and other system services
* Modify hidden settings of Safari, iTunes and Launchpad
Cocktail (Sierra Edition) requires macOS Sierra 10.12 to run. Cocktail (El Capitan Edition) for OS X 10.11, Cocktail (Yosemite Edition) for OS X 10.10, Cocktail (Mavericks Edition) for OS X 10.9 are Cocktail (Mountain Lion Edition) for OS X 10.8 are available for download from Maintain website.
Pricing and Availability:
Cocktail is $19.00 (USD) for a single user license and available for purchase from the Maintain website. When unregistered, Cocktail runs in demo mode and will expire after the tenth launch.
Maintain develops tailored applications for Mac users. We work towards creating technical solutions which maintain your computer and make it as efficient and easy to use as possible. In addition, we offer comprehensive consultancy and support services which cover everything from operation of existing systems to purchase and implementation of new technical solutions. Among our clients are: Major League Baseball, Puma, The New York Times, Sony Pictures, Ericsson, Fortum, The City Of Calgary, Peak Performance, Loreal, Harvard University, Los Angeles Times, Swedish Film Institute, Weber, ESPN, Business Week, Swedish National Police Board, Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, Getty Images, University of Texas, South Park Studios, CompUSA, bwin, Lockheed Martin, Defense Intelligence Agency, University of Michigan and hundred of thousands of Mac users around the world. Copyright (C) 2016 Maintain. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Artstudio Pro 1.0 for iOS – New Painting App – Available Now At 40% Off - December 13, 2017
- CloudMounter v3.0 – Freemium Cloud Manager with Data Encryption - December 13, 2017
- Announcing Scriptogram – A New Cursive Writing App for iPad - December 13, 2017