Station 1.2 – Multilevel Dock for macOSNovember 14, 2016
Plymouth, Minnesota – True North Software today is very proud to announce the release of Station 1.2, the company’s multilevel (hierarchical) launcher for macOS. Station promotes a more natural organization of applications and documents into folders. With nested folders, you can arrange items in Station in a way that fits your workflow with an uncluttered look and feel. Scalability is greatly increased through logical groupings thus increasing the sheer number of items that can be added to Station without having to shrink the launcher size.
Productivity is increased because related items can be grouped together into a single folder. For example, one folder can contain work related items and another folder gaming items. Another useful feature of Station is the ability to launch, all at once, the items in a launch folder. This is useful when switching between tasks like business and spreadsheets to graphics work. With ten levels of folders available, enough space is provided to spread out even the most diverse set of applications and documents.
What’s New for Version 1.2:
* When you drag items over a folder icon and hover for a short period of time, the folder will automatically open – This is similar to the Finder’s spring-loaded folder feature
* You can now “copy” an item to different launch folders and the original item will remain in place – Hold down the Command-Option keys to initiate a copy
* A preference was added to allow you to open Station at login
* The smallest icon size that can be shown was decreased from 32 to 24 points
* Bug fixes and internal optimizations
* Up to ten levels of folders can be shown
* The size of the icons can range from 24 to 64 points
* An alias folder can be created from any existing folder
* Icons can be assigned to folders to give them a more distinctive feel
* All applications and documents in a folder can be launched all at once
* Station can be displayed on the left, right or bottom side of the screen
* Folders automatically open after a short delay when you drag items over them
* Station can be displayed statically (always shown) or automatically hidden when not needed
* The display name of a folder can be renamed (e.g. “untitled” to “Graphics”)
* Scrollbar support for launch panels that exceed screen dimensions
* Embedded open folder icon can now be either blue or red
* Auto collapse of folders after launch of an item
* Select any color for the panel background color
* Station will automatically launch at login
* Fullscreen and multiscreen support
* Requires macOS 10.11 or higher
* 64-bit processor
* 17 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Station 1.2 is priced at $14.99 and is available on the True North Website through FastSpring or through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category. A demo version is available from the True North Website.
Located in Plymouth, Minnesota/USA, True North Software, founded in 2003, provides design solutions for Apple platforms. With a passion for Apple technologies, our focus is to provide real world solutions that make a difference in the lives of people. All Material and Software (C) 2003-2016 True North Software / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.