Smoovie for iPad – Stop Motion Animation for EducationNovember 7, 2016
Inverurie, United Kingdom – Open Planet Software today is pleased to introduce Smoovie for iPad (v1.6), the new education version of their popular stop motion animation app. Smoovie for iPad is a professional, innovative animation app that brings the creative and deeper learning power of stop motion to classrooms, families and animators around the world.
Pupils now have the ability to record their own audio/voiceover straight into their project, and the new, in-app teacher resources give easy access to downloadable PDFs, example lesson plans and stop motion animation ideas … everything you need to get your class up and running!
Plus… all the great features that make Smoovie for iPad the perfect tool for effortless stop motion animation in the classroom: instant playback, scenes and frames, onion skinning, adding music, sharing and more … Used by Apple Distinguished Educators around the world.
Key Features and Benefits:
* Instant Playback – No rendering means you can instantly play back your work each time you make a change to your project, without having to wait.
* In-app Teacher Resources – Download and print right from inside the app. Storyboard, scene script, character profile, set design and props list templates. Example cross-curriculum lesson plans and stop motion animation techniques all ensure you have enough resources to get your pupils planning their projects and animating in no time.
* Onion Skinning – Possibly the most important feature of a stop motion animation app. It helps the animator to perfect the tiny adjustments required between frames and create the illusion of smooth motion in the finished movie. The live camera feed is made semi-transparent and superimposed onto the previous frame taken, so it’s easy to see where to place your objects for the next shot.
* Record your own voiceover or import a soundtrack – Pupils can plan and record their own audio right into their project, or browse the iPad’s music library to choose the perfect soundtrack.
* Scenes – Arranging content into scenes is a fundamental part of the professional film-making process, and Smoovie is the only stop motion app that lets you do this. Each scene has an independently adjustable playback speed (from 1 to 30 frames per second) allowing you to vary the pace and mood of your animation. You can add new scenes, cut unwanted scenes, capture new action into existing scenes and drag scenes around to change the running order – all with full undo support so you’re safe to experiment.
* Frames Filmstrip – With a quick swipe gesture you move from the scene list to the virtual filmstrip which contains all the individual frames of the project, arranged by scene. Another fundamental part of professional film-making is the ability to edit projects right down at individual frame level. Cut, copy and paste frames, drag frames from one scene to another and even copy frames from other Smoovie projects, all with full undo support.
* Create, copy and paste from other apps – Open up a whole new world of creative possibilities for making content for your animations. Copy and paste content from the Photos app, create titles with Keynote or turn sketches from your favourite drawing app into cartoons.
* Extend the creativity – Smoovie makes it easy to export your animations to be used as content for other apps. You could write your own soundtrack in GarageBand or add some opening effects in iMovie.
* Share – Export your animations to the Camera Roll on your iPad and use any of the share options available to you there, or transfer to your Mac or PC. And if you’ve got Apple TV, you can display your masterpieces on television with AirPlay Mirroring.
“Supporting pupils and teachers in their learning is our highest priority with Smoovie for iPad,” explains designer and developer Gavin MacLean. “We know that stop motion animation is invaluable in promoting deeper learning right across the curriculum and that is why we have added a whole range of in-app teacher resources to this new version of Smoovie for iPad, as well as the ability to record your own voiceover. Now it couldn’t be easier to get the classroom up and running with stop motion!”
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 9.0 or later
* 28.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Smoovie Stop Motion 1.6 is $6.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Located in tranquil Inverurie, United Kingdom, Open Planet Software is a small, privately held company founded in 2007 by Gordon Murrison and Gavin MacLean to create software for macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. They are proud to be Scottish developers with a passion to instill every app they design with Apple’s principles of simplicity and elegance. Equally important is that their apps are solid and reliable, and ultimately deliver a great user experience. Driven by fanatical attention to detail, Open Planet Software embraces industry leading software engineering practices to ensure their applications meet the exacting standards expected by the Apple community. Copyright (C) 2007-2016 Open Planet Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple Watch are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.