Royal Leamington Spa, United Kingdom – Baby Skills Ltd. has recently launched Baby Skills 1.2.1, a new lifestyle app dedicated to help parents track and record their child’s progress from birth to five years of age. Baby Skills allows parents to conveniently record every little milestone in their child’s life, share their achievements and memories with loved ones, and compare their child’s progress with other children – all in a few taps!
“Baby Skills is a fun and interactive way for parents to learn about their child. Every child develops differently, so the Baby Skills app focuses on the seemingly small yet very important milestones in a child’s development. By providing a personalized checklist of skills, the app helps parents to understand their child’s unique needs, and encourages parents to play an active role in their child’s developmental journey. They can then choose to share this journey with close friends and family.” explains Dr. Ian Saunders, founder of Baby Skills.
Baby Skills manages to strike the balance between fun and education, and offers something to suit every parent. Some parents will enjoy checking off skills, while others will prefer keeping a more detailed record with photos and notes. Concerned parents can be reassured by logging their child’s growth on a graph, or visualizing their child’s progress compared to the norm. Proud parents are sure to enjoy their child earning a ‘trophy’ for a major milestone, and will enjoy sharing updates with other proud parents, too!
“It started out as an extensive checklist so that I could keep track of my daughter’s progress. I found it really helpful to focus on one skill at a time – understanding my daughter’s needs really helped me to bond with her. The photo journal and news feed made it really easy to keep her grandparents up-to-date with the latest news, too!” added Dr. Saunders.
* Over 500 skills to acquire, to which photos and notes can be attached
* Every child follows their own path and can develop at their own pace with personalized objectives
* Online journal to upload child’s pictures and diary entries
* News feed to connect with friends and family, to see updates about friend’s children as well as sharing your own
* Notifications and alerts when skills are due, or when a friend shares something interesting
* Interactive graphs and charts to monitor child’s growth with respect to other children
* Earn trophies whenever child achieves a major developmental milestone
* Security first – Secure cloud server to ensure that the private moments and details remain personal only to parents and loved ones
Many of us are members of social networks, but with Baby Skills it is different – parents create a social network around their child. The community centered around your children may be quite different to your Facebook network, and for a new parent entering the daunting world of parenthood, the support and encouragement that comes from being part of a community can be really helpful. Baby Skills takes security and privacy very seriously, and ensures that users are always in complete control of what they share.
* OS Requirements: iOS 7.0 or later & Android 2.3 and up
* Compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Size: iOS – 8.8 MB and Android – 3.4 MB
* Languages: English
Pricing and Availability:
Baby Skills 1.2.1 is available for Free in the iTunes App Store and on Google Play (as well as via the web), in the Lifestyle category. The app is supported by ads, but allows users to upgrade for an ad-free experience.
The Baby Skills App is developed and managed by UK-based Baby Skills Ltd, founded by Dr. Ian Saunders, a social entrepreneur and a proud dad. Dr. Saunders conceptualized the idea of Baby Skills to offer support and encouragement to new parents, realizing from his own experience the need for a pocket guide to parenting that distills decades of scientific research into easily-understandable, practical and motivating advice. The result was Baby Skills, a common platform where new parents could simultaneously track their child’s progress, record their memorable moments and become part of a community centered on their children as they enter the wonderful world of parenthood. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Baby Skills Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- A Pay It Forward startup triggers a wave of kindness in the US - December 14, 2017
- Math Classroom Challenge 1.12 – manual Math Panels - December 14, 2017
- ISS tracker Sat Seeker relaunches as Free App - December 14, 2017