Encinitas, California – Independent software developer SchwanSongs today is proud to announce the release of Ask Fortuna 1.0.0, an intriguing new fortune-generator for Macintosh. Ask Fortuna creates almost-random sayings and prescient prognostications, with a twist. However, these are not plagiarized lists of old quotes, nor are they completely random sentences of computer-speak; They are something in between. Ask Fortuna makes millions of uniquely original sayings, guided by “artificial intelligence” that imbues its prose with poetic and thought-provoking wit. You can save and send your favorite sayings to your friends, and even have “Ask Fortuna” read the saying out loud in one of many computerized voices.
This application is always ready to offer you some stress relief or just a smile, or possibly even some sage advice just at the right time. You never know what sayings Fortuna has in store for you, and like life, it will usually be a fun surprise. They can be posted into a newsletter or blog, e-mailed, or you could have a “read-aloud silliness contest” with friends.
Here are some examples of Ask Fortuna’s serious, absurdly funny, and zen-like generated sayings:
* This month is an auspicious time to play with wild abandon
* With great power comes a knob that goes to 11
* A journey of a thousand suggestions begins with a single meeting
* Your desire is waiting to be fulfilled, if you find the right spot
* Take care, somebody’s cute pet will cause a nightmare
* A wise man once said when interruptions cluster, earplugs will be needed
* The universe knows that if the day starts with a bang, your fortune cookie should be given to a friend
* The right time to read the next chapter is after watching the sun set
* Somebody suggested that when your journey seems the longest, look to your friends for guidance
* Now that you can make a choice, your destiny will go all fractal
The application’s name and original artwork and music refer to the Roman Goddess Fortuna, who personifies luck and fortune, both good and bad.
* Speak to Me – Either automatically or manually speak your fortunes out loud in any of your installed text-to-speech voices (this is an add-on feature.)
* Share – You can send the fortune off to friends on Facebook/Twitter/e-mail/messaging.
* Bookmark and “Re-In-Karma” – Each fortune has its own unique 8-character “Karma-code” which, if typed in, can instantly re-display that exact fortune again, on any device that is running “Ask Fortuna”. This feature lets you type one of these codes and re-display that particular fortune, or choose a prior “bookmarked” fortune. This is good for bookmarking/saving and revisiting prior funny ones, or sending the code to friends so they can jump to it it too, instant “Re-In-Karma”. Ask Fortuna will save up to 10 of these bookmarked fortunes, older ones dropping off as you bookmark new ones.
* Choose your Fortune – You can type your name, birthday, or other phrase, and it uses that text to create a unique fortune from the particular letters/numbers typed. It will extract just the letters and numbers, so that names, birthdays, phrases will each generate a fortune that is always tied to their text. That is, typing in your same text would create that unique fortune again, even on your friend’s computer.
* Personal – The Fortunes are unique to you. If you and a friend start “Ask Fortuna” on two different devices at exactly the same time, you will still each get different fortunes.
* Customize – The Preferences or Settings page lets you customize the appearance, choosing a favorite color as a backdrop tint behind the text, and turning on/off sound effects for the buttons. This is also where you can “test-drive” the computer-voices and purchase the “Speak-to-me” feature.
* OS X 10.8 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 21.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Ask Fortuna 1.0.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies), with the bonus $0.99 in-app-purchase “Speak To Me” feature, and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Entertainment category. A limited number of promotional codes are available to members of the media. Journalists who are interested in receiving one for product review should contact Eduard Schwan, Owner & Creative Wing of SchwanSongs. A press kit for iOS, including screenshots, icons, and related media for review/print are available.
SchwanSongs is a San Diego, California-based DBA company run by software developer Eduard Schwan. The company creates macOS and iOS software, as well as creating original music, videos, home-roasted coffee and computer artwork, usually in combination, in order to educate and inspire. Eduard has been crafting (mostly Mac, some Apple II) software for over 3 decades for companies like GoPro, Intuit, Jostens Learning, Gryphon Software, etc. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 SchwanSongs. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, OS X, Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Mellel 4.1 introduces DOCX support, Tracking, Word Spacing, and more - March 19, 2018
- Ethiopian Airlines partners Magzter to offer Unlimited Magazine Reading - March 19, 2018
- Dejal Time Out 2.4 Adds Statistics and More Options - March 19, 2018