Luxembourg City, Luxembourg – Houdah Software today is proud to announce the release of HoudahGeo 5.1, a major upgrade to the photo geotagging tool for Mac. HoudahGeo tags photos with location coordinates and names. Standard EXIF, XMP and IPTC geotags allow photo cataloging tools to organize and later find photos by location. HoudahGeo integrates with Apple Photos, iPhoto, Aperture and Adobe Lightroom.
HoudahGeo 5.1 gains the ability to add locations to photos managed by Apple Photos 2.0 on macOS Sierra. HoudahGeo can find and geotag original image files within the Photos library. HoudahGeo can notify Apple Photos of changes made to location information. This puts photos on a map in Apple Photos’ new Places feature. The integration between HoudahGeo and Apple Photos gives Photos users access to the many photo geocoding options HoudahGeo has to offer:
* Automatic geocoding using GPS track logs
* Geocoding using reference photos taken using iPhone, a smartphone, or a GPS-enabled camera
* Geocoding without a GPS. Use the built-in map to double-check, adjust, or assign locations to your photos
The map in HoudahGeo makes geocoding large batches of photos surprisingly easy. One just needs to make incremental adjustments between photos to account for the distance travelled. It takes but a nudge to the map and a click for each photo.
How is geotagging different from assigning locations in Apple Photos?
Geotagging writes location information to metadata tags within the original image files. This creates a permanent bond between a photo and the location where it was taken. HoudahGeo writes the same industry standard EXIF and XMP as used by GPS-enabled cameras. Such geotags can be used by Apple Photos as well as other photo cataloging, editing or publishing tools.
Location information added in Apple Photos exists only within the library database. The original images remain unaltered. Only exported versions of the photo can be set to include geotags.
HoudahGeo Feature Highlights:
* Supports many methods of geotagging: GPS track logs, built-in maps, Google Earth, etc.
* Writes GPS data, location names, title, description and keywords to EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
* Works with JPEG as well as a large number of RAW file formats. It also supports XMP sidecar files
* Notifies Apple Photos, iPhoto and Aperture of changes made to photo location information
New in HoudahGeo 5.1:
* Apple Photos: HoudahGeo can now add locations to photos in the Apple Photos library. Requires Photos 2.0 on macOS Sierra
* Apple Maps: On macOS Sierra, HoudahGeo now offers Apple Maps in addition to MapBox maps
New in HoudahGeo 5.0:
* Places: Quickly assign photos to favorite places and apply coordinates and location names
* Drag-and-drop geocoding: Drag images to the built-in map and drop them at the location where they were taken
* Reverse geocoding: Look up location names in English, German, Spanish and French
* Camera import: Download photos from your camera. Geotag photos before importing them into your photo library
* Lightroom integration: HoudahGeo reads location metadata directly from the Lightroom catalog
* Keywords editor: The new keywords editor makes it easy to assign keywords in bulk
* Map search: No GPS? No problem! Search for landmarks, cities, as well as your favorite places
* Publish KML to Dropbox: Upload photos and track logs to Dropbox. View in Google Earth and Google My Maps
* OS X Version 10.10 or later
* Some features require macOS 10.12 Sierra
* Digital camera
* Optional GPS track logger
* Optional iPhone, smartphone, or GPS-enabled camera
* 49 MB of disk space
Pricing and Availability:
HoudahGeo 5.1 is priced at $39 USD (+ tax) for a single-user license. A full-featured demo version is available. Licenses are available from the Houdah Software store. Upgrades from HoudahGeo 4 start at $19. Upgrades are available through in-app purchases. HoudahGeo licenses purchased on or after December 1, 2015 remain valid for HoudahGeo 5.
Founded in 2005 by Pierre Bernard, Houdah Software s.a r.l is a small company based in Luxembourg, Europe. Houdah Software specializes in quality software for Mac, iPhone and Apple iPad. Our mission is to pair quality products with excellent customer support. All material and software copyright (C) 2005-2016 Houdah Software s.a r.l. All rights reserved. Apple, macOS, Mac, OS X, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Neoappz Releases Instant Translator 2.0 with New Features - August 21, 2017
- Jumsoft discount Money 5 reacting to Dropbox announcement - August 21, 2017
- JustBroadcaster for Periscope Offers Easy Live Broadcasting for the Mac - August 21, 2017