RailModeller Pro 5.2: Introducing Image-ImportSeptember 19, 2016
Munich, Germany – Isle of the Kakapo is today proud to announce the release and immediate availability of RailModeller Pro 5.2, their model railroad and slot car layout design solution for macOS. The app offers sophisticated tools that enable hobbyists to quickly design model train and slot car track layouts via drag & drop, features libraries for more than 200 track systems, and offers customizable views of track layouts in both two and three dimensions. The second major update of RailModeller Pro in 2016 features:
* Image Import: Use original plans, Google or Apple Maps, aerial photography, or hand drawn sketches as a template for building model train layouts. Complex room shapes or even a bird’s-eye view of a park or garden are easily integrated to be used as a basis for planning layouts. A variety of image file formats is supported, including PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, and PDF.
* Customizable key bindings: Hot keys for all menu commands can be changed to adjust the app to personal preferences, providing a great way for both casual and power users to work even more effectively with the app.
Additional improvements in this update include improved performance as well as bug fixes and updates to libraries in the bundled catalog of 200 track libraries.
RailModeller Pro’s easy-to-use interface allows track designers to create layouts of up to 10km x 10km organized in up to 99 layers. The app includes all components to complete a train or slot car track layout, including flex tracks, buildings, symbols, and other items in scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm (1:22.5). Track elements can be dropped onto the layout, rotated, and positioned where desired, users can simply click to append one or more track elements in the layout, create tunnel sections, add graphical shapes, arrows, dimensions, and more.
RailModeller Pro automatically generates a shopping list, (including prices), as the layout is created, making for an easy reference when it comes time to purchase required components for the layout. An integrated stock management maintains the inventory of tracks already purchased, displaying the number of tracks remaining in stock when working on a specific layout or filtering the shopping list to show only missing tracks that need to be purchased to complete the layout.
* A library catalog featuring libraries for more than 200 track systems for most vendors of track material
* Covers model scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm (1:22.5)
* A clean and intuitive, Mac like user experience
* An automatically adapting drawing canvas never running out of space
* Sophisticated, yet easy to use tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts
* Assistants that allow placing tracks at arbitrary heights, creating track grades, insert parallel tracks or close gaps
* Clean-up wizards for complex layouts
* Customizable viewing modes for visualizing the track layout in two and three dimensions
* Automatically generates shopping lists as the design is laid out
* The built-in stock tracking feature keeps track of items already owned
* Print layouts in any scale from a single sheet of paper to full-sized 1:1 scale
* Image import in various formats (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others)
* Export track layouts in numerous image file formats at any resolution
* An integrated Online-Manual
* OS X 10.9 or later
* 64-bit Processor
Pricing and Availability:
RailModeller Pro 5.2 is available for only $39.99 USD (or an equivalent amount on other currencies) worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. A free version, RailModeller Express – which is suitable for small layouts with a limited number of tracks and layout dimensions of up to 0.5km – is also available through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Munich, Germany, Isle of the Kakapo is owned and operated by Jan Barnholt. Founded in 2015, Isle of the Kakapo is a software company specializing in providing innovative apps for the Mac and iOS platforms. All Material and Software (C) Copyright Isle of the Kakapo. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.