Wellington, New Zealand – Solesignal released a new major version of SmartBackup. v4.0 features a new next generation sync engine which is multi-thread capable and includes many other new technologies that make it significantly faster than other similar tools, especially when using SSD/Flash based storage. On modern storage it is for instance twice as fast creating a bootable clone of macOS. SmartBackup 4 now also includes built-in scheduling and is ready for macOS 10.12 Sierra.
SmartBackup is a easy to use, versatile utility to create bootable clones of macOS, perform folder syncs of different styles, perform searchable archiving of changed or deleted files. It scales from backing up your home directory to a NAS, to performing large scale superfast data migration on Xsan/Stornext fibre channel based shared storage networks.
* Multithread capable 64-bit sync engine, fully leveraging the performance of SSD/Flash
* Creates bootable clone in record time, especially on modern storage
* Built-in scheduling
* Built-in archiving of changed or deleted files
* Searchable versions of changed or deleted files
* Supports pre-allocation on Xsan/StorNext volumes
* Commandline mode to be called from your python or shell scripts
* Ready for macOS 10.12 Sierra
Copying only one file at a time is only optimal for single spinning harddisks. To achive the best possibe performance on now common Flash or SSD disks, or RAID storage, copies need to be parallelised. SmartBackup 4’s new sync engine is multi-thread capable for those disks and will run modern storage at full speed. And it also includes many other optimisations now possible on macOS.
We have been benchmarking cloning a 260GB installation of a 12-inch Macbook to an external Samsung T3 SSD. The initial clone using SmartBackup 4 was more than 2x faster all the popular cloning tools. We think it’s the fastest way to clone your macOS or to sync large amounts of data on SSD/Flash based Macs.
* macOS 10.10 or later, ready for Sierra
Pricing and Availability:
Single licenses are available for $34.99 (USD). A free trial is available at Solesignal online. Upgrading from v3.0 is free if the license was purchased in 2016. For all others upgrade pricing is available for currently $19.99 (USD).
Solesignal Ltd is an independent developer creating artisan Apps for macOS and iOS in Wellington, New Zealand. Solesignal is a registered trade mark of Solesignal Ltd. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Solesignal Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, OS X and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Conde Nast Independent Magazines makes its way to Magzter - August 23, 2017
- Sakura@QR Makes Reading QR Codes and Barcodes Fast and Easy - August 22, 2017
- TruScribe Launch Revolutionary Whiteboard Animation Software Squigl - August 22, 2017