Milpitas, California – iOS 10 gives abundant new opportunities to mobile developers. ABBYY Mobile team used native iOS 10 resources to create a range of new features for its productivity and language applications: FineScanner, Business Card Reader and Lingvo Live.
FineScanner, a multifunctional scanning app with advanced OCR, is now completely compatible with iOS 10 and has some new shortcuts and timesavers:
* FineScanner for iMessage: send your scans in one tap with iMessage. Choose FineScanner in your iMessage apps, you will see your latest scans and will be able to send unrecognized ones as PDF or JPEG, recognized ones as PDF or TXT.
* Today Widget: access your last scanned document from the widget screen.
* 3D Touch: press the app icon to see your last scan.
ABBYY Business Card Reader, CNN’s pick for business card scanner and contact manager, also got several improvements:
* BCR for iMessage: send your business card with BCR app for iMessage, your contact will get it momentarily in VCF and will be able to add you to their contacts right away.
* Call Kit: even if the phone number is saved only in BCR and has not been added to the contacts on your smartphone, you will still be able to see who is calling you (name, last name and company).
* BCR for Apple Watch with WatchOS 3: you can add the BCR complication to your home screen and it will show your last scanned business card and the number of scanned cards you have.
Lingvo Live, an international multiplatform language service with the best dictionaries, a community and learning tools online and offline, received:
* Instant translation inside iMessage: translate what you want to say right within iMessage.
* Siri-powered speech recognition: look at the flashcard on the screen, touch and hold the microphone button and say the translation – speech recognition will tell you whether you are right or wrong. An effective and easy way to practice your pronunciation and vocabulary!
* Today Widget: copy the difficult word or phrase, find Lingvo Live in your widgets, create a flashcard in 1 tap to work on your vocabulary later.
ABBYY’s VP of Mobile Artem Kumpel comments on the update: “We are very happy to be able to incorporate and utilize the vast native capabilities of iOS 10 in our apps. Especially speech recognition, which has great untapped potential for language learning. Improving and perfecting pronunciation has never been so easy! Following the development of iMessage as a great communication tool with its own App Store, we have created Lingvo Live, BCR and FineScanner apps for it. Now you can use them right within iMessage”.
For more information, please, visit ABBYY online.
ABBYY is a leading global provider of technologies and solutions that help people and businesses to action information. The company sets the standard in content capture and innovative language-based technologies that integrate across the information lifecycle. ABBYY solutions are relied on to optimize business processes, mitigate risk, accelerate decision making and drive revenue. ABBYY technologies are used and licensed by some of the largest international enterprises and government organizations, as well as SMBs and individuals. The company maintains offices in Australia, Canada, Cyprus, France, Germany, Japan, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, the UAE, the UK, Ukraine, and the United States. For more information, see Key Facts. ABBYY and the ABBYY Logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of ABBYY Software Ltd. Other product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners and are hereby recognized.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Share Splashy Summertime Pictures with KODAK Photo Printer Docks - June 22, 2017
- Meditation Expert Lynne Goldberg Introduces Breethe – New Meditation App - June 22, 2017
- Note-taking app SnipNotes arrives on the Mac - June 22, 2017