Austin, Texas – Xojo, Inc., the company that has enabled over 300,000 developers to build native cross-platform applications, today announced the availability of Xojo 2016 Release 3. Xojo is a rapid application development tool for making apps for the desktop (OS X, Windows and Linux), web, iOS, and Raspberry Pi. The latest release adds compiler optimization options and refactoring features for the IDE and Code Editor, along with more than 90 total improvements and 11 new features.
“While Xojo has always produced native code, we continue to evolve,” commented Geoff Perlman, Xojo Founder and CEO. “Now, when building 64-bit apps you have control over Xojo’s compiler optimization to build faster apps than ever before.”
Xojo 2016 Release 3 features include:
* Added Moderate and Aggressive compilation for 64-bit and ARM builds
* SQLiteDatabase upgraded to v3.14.1 and now supports FTS5 for full-text searching
* Additions to refactoring features of the IDE and Code Editor
* Save Code Editor color schemes to easily share and re-use
* ICU library included with Linux builds for improved compatibility
* Easily convert Pictures in projects to Image Sets
“This release provides the ability to adjust the level of compiler optimization, and the highest level, which is Aggressive, generates applications that are significantly faster for math intensive operations, which I do a lot of,” commented Robert Birge, Distinguished Professor of Chemistry at the University of Connecticut. “A long-requested capability is now available – fast compilation for debugging and slower, but highly optimized, compilation for the final application.”
Xojo is available to try in a free, time-unlimited trial.
Xojo, Inc. was founded with the idea that software development should be accessible to anyone. With traditional tools, creating software applications can be a very complicated process, but using Xojo anyone can learn to create high quality, native apps for the desktop, web, mobile and Raspberry Pi. With users all over the world, Xojo apps can be found in every conceivable category – from commercial software applications to use in governments, universities, businesses, and the Fortune 500. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Xojo, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Gro CRM – The Popular Mac CRM Platform now includes Stripe Integration - February 20, 2018
- WebSonar Libraries – A better Way to Organize, Access and Share - February 20, 2018
- Film Editor Dylan Tichenor ACE to Headline 17th Las Vegas SuperMeet - February 20, 2018