Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software today is pleased to announce the availability of a free update to its App Tamer utility for macOS. App Tamer 2.2 delivers compatibility with macOS 10.12 Sierra and improves App Tamer’s efficiency and intelligence. Changes include:
* Compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra
* Improved efficiency when managing lots of processes
* Much more intelligent stopping and starting of helper processes such as Safari Web Content, Safari Networking, Google Chrome Helper, etc.
* App Tamer’s contextual menus work more consistently
More about App Tamer:
Some Mac applications, especially web browsers, continue running tasks or animations even when they’re supposed to be idle in the background. This can consume valuable processing power, reducing battery life and producing heat that increases fan noise. App Tamer’s unique AutoStop capability automatically slows down or pauses these applications when you switch away from them, and then restarts them when you click back to them. This frees your CPU and reduces power consumption.
App Tamer comes pre-configured to automatically manage Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Spotlight, Time Machine, Word and many other apps when they’re in the background. And customizing it for other applications is just a mouse click away.
Pricing and Availability:
App Tamer will operate on any Macintosh running macOS 10.7 or higher, and is free to try for 15 days. A license to continue using it after the trial period is $14.95 (USD). This update is free for users who purchased App Tamer 2.x or bought App Tamer 1.x after July 1, 2013. For those that purchased a license before that date, the upgrade is $7.95 (USD).
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2016 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- DRmare M4V Converter for Mac now works perfectly with iTunes 12.7 - September 22, 2017
- ABBYY Adds AR, PDF Tools, Drag and Drop to Its Productivity Apps - September 22, 2017
- AnyTrans Offers iOS Users 3 Ways for Moving Data to iPhone 8/8 Plus - September 22, 2017