Auckland, New Zealand – MacDaddy is pleased to announce the beta release of Style 1.0, their new app for Mac OS X machines that can take any image or video file and create an artistic interpretation of the original. Style offers nine different styling models to choose from, each creating a decidedly different version of the original file, rendered in a creatively produced final image.
Style brings an unusual artistic look to any image or video you feed into it. While a number of apps can offer Instagram-like photo and video filters, Style takes the process further, and by using a neural net, it actually creates a painted interpretation of the source file, merely using the original as a reference.
“I was admiring the cool effects the popular Prisma app offered iOS users, and I realized there wasn’t anything like that available for Mac users,” says MacDaddy CEO Ben Slaney. “That’s when I decided to create Style. However, I didn’t want users to have to be connected to the Internet just to process an image or a video, so I designed the app to do all of the processing directly on the Mac. No matter where the user is, they can have fun creating new interpretations of their favorite images!”
Although Style does all of the image and video processing locally, it only takes a few moments to process most images. Video can take longer, but only because of the large amounts of data that is contained in video files. Processing time of any file is dependent on the size of the file. The larger the file, the longer it will take to process. However, users will find the app does an excellent job in rendering the new creation in a reasonable amount of time.
Style offers 9 rendering models:
* Candy – A hard candy style effect
* Composition – A mosaic-like effect
* Cubist – An effect resembling early-20th-century avant-garde art
* Edtaonisl – A style created by early-20th-century artist Francis Picabia
* Hokusai – A style created by early-19th-century Japanese artist Katsushika Hokusai
* Hundertwasser – A style created by artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser
* Kandinsky – A style created by early-20th-century artist Wassily Kandinsky
* Seurat – A Post-Impressionist style created by French painter Georges Seurat
* Starrynight – An effect based on the famous “The Starry Night” painting by Vincent van Gogh
Users can also run all nine models on an image at the same time, to quickly create nine separate images displaying all the effects to choose from. In addition, a previously rendered image can be fed back into Style in order to apply a new effect on top of the previously created style. This opens up a number of custom and entertaining ways for users to artistically interpret their images and videos.
Mac users are invited to visit the MacDaddy website and download the beta version of the Style app to try out on their own Mac. No registration is required, and the download is free. Please share your thoughts about the app, or any issues you might encounter while using it, with MacDaddy.
“I hope Mac users have fun with Style, and use it to create some great images,” continues Ben. “I had a lot of fun developing and testing it. Also, when they stop by to download the beta, they should also be sure check out the famous ‘Gangnam Style’ video, rendered in ‘Kandinsky’ style! I had a lot of fun doing that!”
* Requires Mac OS X 10.10 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 80.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Style 1.0 is free during its beta testing phase, and is available worldwide exclusively through the MacDaddy website.
MacDaddy, a subsidiary of Mac OSX File Recovery, aims to bring the most powerful but easy to use disk utilities for OS X to the public. MacDaddy is dedicated to making extremely powerful low-level software that is ridiculously easy to use. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 MacDaddy. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Dejal Time Out 2.4 Adds Statistics and More Options - March 19, 2018
- Teleprompter 2.0 for iOS – Teleprompter + Record + Auto Subtitles - March 16, 2018
- Best Free Workout Timer App for Home, HIIT, Yoga, or 7 Minute Workouts - March 15, 2018