York, United Kingdom – Independent developer, James Shaw is excited to announce the release of Weather Front 1.1, a hyperlocal weather app for iOS. With weather data provided by Forecast.io, Weather Front provides super accurate current conditions, minute-by-minute rainfall predictions and hour-by-hour forecasts. Version 1.1 introduces an all-new today widget that provides super quick access to today’s forecast right from iOS’ notification center.
Powered by Forecast.io, Weather Front is a beautiful hyperlocal weather app for iPhone and iPod touch. With worldwide support, the app can be used in any country to fetch the weather forecast of the user’s current location or a saved location. Each forecast presents current conditions, minutely rainfall predictions for the next hour (US, UK and Ireland only) and hourly forecasts for the next week.
Current conditions are represented with a succinct summary and in depth representation. In depth details include temperature, “feels like” temperature, precipitation, humidity, sunrise, sunset, cloud cover, wind speed and wind direction. Minutely rainfall predictions (US, UK and Ireland only) are represented using a beautiful graph showing the intensity of precipitation over the next hour. Hourly forecasts for the next week are represented using a colour coded, bar UI which offers an incredible user experience. Each bar can be tapped to reveal a more detailed view of the day’s hourly forecast including temperatures, forecast summaries, precipitation probabilities and cloud cover.
Weather Front 1.1 introduces an all-new “Today Widget” making use of iOS’ notification center to offer super fast access to today’s forecast. The widget uses the device’s exact current location to fetch the hyperlocal weather forecast from forecast.io. Current conditions are displayed using a summary and temperature, whilst minutely rainfall predictions are represented using a beautiful graph. Today’s hourly forecast is represented using an intuitive colour coded bar UI.
Weather Front’s UI has been carefully crafted to ensure an intuitive, user friendly experience whilst displaying all weather data needed. With beautiful animations and changing colours depending on the weather, the app offers great usability whilst having a beautiful UI.
* Beautiful forecasts at a glance
* Hyper-accurate data powered by Forecast.io
* Current conditions for any location! (Temperature, “Feels Like” Temperature, Precipitation, Humidity, Sunrise, Sunset, Cloud Cover, Wind Speed and Wind Direction)
* Minutely rainfall predictions for the next hour (US, UK and Ireland only)
* Hourly forecasts for the next week
* “Today Widget” in notification center
* Forecasts for any location! (streets, landmarks, towns, cities, post codes and your EXACT location)
* Units: Celsius/Fahrenheit and MPH/KPH
* iPhone, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 9 or later
* 47.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Weather Front 1.1 is available worldwide in the iOS App Store Weather category for a one-time price of $2.99/GBP2.29. For more information, please contact James Shaw, founder and iOS developer.
Based in York, United Kingdom, James Shaw is a recent Computer Science graduate and iOS developer since 2009. All Material and Software (C) 2016 James Shaw / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- MacX Full Flagship Family Embraces iPhone X/8, Galaxy S8/Note 8, Mate 10 - October 20, 2017
- Black Operations 2 – Action-packed Strategy game comes to multi touch - October 20, 2017
- Mobo Greenhouse Garden – Engaging Farm Game for Preschoolers - October 20, 2017