Tails 2.5 ReleaseAugust 5, 2016
Tails 2.5 Release
- Update Tor Browser to 6.0.3, based on Firefox 45.3.
- Upgrade Icedove to 45.1. (#11530)
- The automatic account configuration of Icedove used to freeze when connecting to some email providers. (#11486)
- In some cases sending an email with Icedove used to result in the error: “The message could not be sent using Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.riseup.net for an unknown reason.” (#10933)
- A spurious error message used to sometimes appear when creating an account inIcedove and providing its password. (#11550)
- Fix some time synchronization problems, by replacing obsolete and unreliable servers, and decreasing a timeout. (#11577)
- KVM virtual machines with QXL video: vastly improve graphics performance and fix visual artifacts in Tor Browser. (#11500, #11489)
For more details, read our changelog.
See the list of long-standing issues.