Linux Mint 18 “Sarah” Xfce released!
The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 18 “Sarah” Xfce Edition.
Linux Mint 18 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2021. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use.
This new version of Linux Mint contains many improvements.
For an overview of the new features please visit:
“What’s new in Linux Mint 18 Xfce“.
The release notes provide important information about known issues, as well as explanations, workarounds and solutions.
To read the release notes, please visit:
“Release Notes for Linux Mint 18 Xfce”
- 512MB RAM (1GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 9GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
- 1024×768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don’t fit in the screen).
- The 64-bit ISO can boot with BIOS or UEFI.
- The 32-bit ISO can only boot with BIOS.
- The 64-bit ISO is recommend for all modern computers (Almost all computers sold in the last 10 years are equipped with 64-bit processors).
- If you are running the BETA, click the refresh button in your Update Manager and apply any outstanding level 1 updates. Note also that samba was removed in the stable release as it negatively impacted boot speed. To remove samba, open a terminal and type “apt purge samba”.
- If you are running Linux Mint 17, 17.1, 17.2 or 17.3, please follow this tutorial.
Here are the download links for the 64-bit ISO:Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- iOS Art App iOrnament showcased in Apple Retail Stores and on WWDC 2017 - June 23, 2017
- Mixoo – The ultimate Photo Editing App gets a Major Update - June 23, 2017
- Moneyspire Announces Support for Over 9,000 Financial Institutions - June 23, 2017