Fandom Fare — Linux News
We are happy to announce the release of pfSense® software version 2.3.2!
This is a maintenance release in the 2.3.x series, bringing a number of bug fixes. The full list of changes is on the 2.3.2 New Features and Changes page.
This release includes fixes for 60 bugs, 8 features and 2 todo items completed.
If you haven’t yet caught up on the changes in 2.3.x, check out the Features and Highlights video. Past blog posts have covered some of the changes, such as the performance improvements from tryforward, and thewebGUI update.
As always, you can upgrade from any prior version directly to 2.3.2. The Upgrade Guide covers everything you’ll need to know for upgrading in general. There are a few areas where additional caution should be exercised with this upgrade if upgrading from 2.2.x or an earlier release, all noted in the 2.3 Upgrade Guide.
For those upgrading from a 2.3 beta or RC version who have not yet upgraded to 2.3-RELEASE, please see this post.
While, nearly all of the common regressions between 2.2.6 and 2.3-RELEASE have been fixed in subsequent releases, the following still exist:
- IPsec IPComp does not work. This is disabled by default. However in 2.3.1, it is automatically not enabled to avoid encountering this problem. Bug 6167
- IGMP Proxy does not work with VLAN interfaces, and possibly other edge cases. Bug 6099. This is a little-used component. If you’re not sure what it is, you’re not using it.
- Those using IPsec and OpenBGPD may have non-functional IPsec unless OpenBGPD is removed. Bug 6223
Compared to pfSense 2.2.x, the list of available packages in pfSense 2.3.x has been significantly trimmed. We have removed packages that have been deprecated upstream, no longer have an active maintainer, or were never stable. A few have yet to be converted for Bootstrap and may return if converted. See the 2.3 Removed Packages list for details. pfSense 2.3.2 does bring back ntopng, and the vnstat (traffic totals) package is new.
pfSense software is Open Source
For those who wish to review the source code in full detail, the changes are all publicly available in three repositories on Github. 2.3.2-RELEASE is built from the RELENG_2_3_2 branch of each repository.
Downloads are available on the mirrors as usual.
Downloads for New Installs and Upgrades to Existing Systems – note it’s usually easier to just use the auto-update functionality, in which case you don’t need to download anything from here. Check the Firmware Updates page for details.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- YouLudi 1.0.2 released for iOS – Cultural Event Sharing App - February 16, 2018
- Introducing Math Mathews Fractions for iOS – Innovative Adventure Game - February 16, 2018
- Default Folder X 5.2.2 improves speed, adds features and fixes bugs - February 16, 2018