Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS Release
Fandom Fare - Linux News
These release notes for Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (Xenial Xerus) provide an overview of the release and document the known issues with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and its flavours. For details of the changes applied since 16.04, please see the 16.04.1 change summary. The release notes for 16.04 are available as well.
Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS will be supported for 5 years for Ubuntu Desktop, Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu Core, and Ubuntu Kylin. All other flavours will be supported for 3 years.
Download Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
Images can be downloaded from a location near you.
You can download images from:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/16.04.1/ (Ubuntu Desktop and Server)
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/releases/16.04.1/release/ (Less Popular Ubuntu Images)
https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/16.04.1/release/ (Ubuntu Cloud)
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/netboot/16.04.1/ (Ubuntu Netboot)
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-base/releases/16.04.1/release/release/ (Ubuntu Base)
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/16.04.1/release/ (Ubuntu Studio)
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-gnome/releases/16.04.1/release/ (Ubuntu GNOME)
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntukylin/releases/16.04.1/release/ (Ubuntu Kylin)
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-mate/releases/16.04.1/release/ (Ubuntu MATE)
Upgrading from Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or 15.10
To upgrade on a desktop system:
Open the "Software & Updates" Setting in System Settings.
- Select the 3rd Tab called "Updates".
- Set the "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version" dropdown menu to "For any new version" if you are using 15.10, set it to "long-term support versions" if you are using 14.04 LTS.
- Press Alt+F2 and type in "update-manager" (without the quotes) into the command box.
- Software Updater should open up and tell you: New distribution release '16.04 LTS' is available.
- Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.
To upgrade on a server system:
Install the update-manager-core package if it is not already installed.
- Make sure the /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades is set to normal if you are using 15.10, lts if you are using 14.04 LTS.
Launch the upgrade tool with the command sudo do-release-upgrade.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Note that the server upgrade will use GNU screen and automatically re-attach in case of dropped connection problems.
There are no offline upgrade options for Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server. Please ensure you have network connectivity to one of the official mirrors or to a locally accessible mirror and follow the instructions above.
Now following through with family into Live gaming video facebook youtube.
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- THE CONJURING HOUSE – AVAILABLE NOW ON STEAM - September 25, 2018
- SEEKER SLAYER SURVIVOR DLC FOR PILLARS OF ETERNITY II: DEADFIRE OUT NOW - September 25, 2018
- VERSUS EVIL CELEBRATES 5th ANNIVERSARY WITH HUGE STEAM PUBLISHER SALE - September 25, 2018