Untangle Announces NG Firewall Version 12.1
Fandom Fare – Linux News
Features Geolocation, Fully Responsive Mobile Management
SAN JOSE, Calif. – July 13, 2016 – Untangle® Inc., a security software and appliance company, announced the release of version 12.1 of its award-winning NG Firewall software. Untangle NG Firewall version 12.1 brings new features and functionality to the popular and powerful small business firewall platform.
NG Firewall delivers a comprehensive solution for small-to-medium businesses, schools, governmental organizations and nonprofits that require enterprise-grade perimeter security with the flexibility of a convergent Unified Threat Management (UTM) device. Untangle’s industry-leading approach to network traffic visibility and policy management gives its customers deep insight into what’s happening on their network via its database-driven reporting engine and 360° dashboard.
“Version 12.1 is the next step in the evolution of the Untangle NG Firewall user interface,” said Dirk Morris, founder and chief product officer at Untangle. “Building on the base provided by the last two major releases, version 12.1 provides a fully responsive mobile management console as well as faster performing, more flexible reporting and dashboard widget capabilities.”
In addition to the user interface enhancements, NG Firewall version 12.1 provides new geolocation capabilities for all traffic. NG Firewall’s Integrated Rules EngineTMcan utilize geolocation data to allow network administrators to create and apply rules based on client or server latitude and longitude or country. This enables network administrators to quickly triangulate where a threat is originating and create an appropriate policy response. Geolocation data is also available in NG Firewall’s reports and widgets.
- Event-based Reporting. Event lists are now a type of Report entry. Network administrators can more easily create custom event list reports, allowing them to keep tabs on specific users, domains, sites, policies and more.
- Performance. NG Firewall now performs a “dynamic bypass” function for UDP such that if all layer-7 applications “release” interest in the session, the data will be passed at layer 3, greatly boosting performance.
- SSL Certificate Management. Management of client SSL certificates required for SSL Inspector has been further streamlined.
- Google & Facebook Authentication. NG Firewall’s Directory Connector application now offers experimental support for authenticating users against their Google or Facebook accounts. This provides a flexible alternative for simplifying Captive Portal deployments.
Pricing & Availability
Untangle NG Firewall version 12.1 is available as a free download. Current Untangle customers will be able to upgrade seamlessly at no charge. For more details about the release, please visit untangle.com
Related articles across the webClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- DRmare M4V Converter for Mac now works perfectly with iTunes 12.7 - September 22, 2017
- ABBYY Adds AR, PDF Tools, Drag and Drop to Its Productivity Apps - September 22, 2017
- AnyTrans Offers iOS Users 3 Ways for Moving Data to iPhone 8/8 Plus - September 22, 2017