Network Security Toolkit NST 24 SVN:7977 Release
Fandom Fare – the latest NST release: “NST 24 SVN:7977”. This release is based on Fedora 24 using Linux Kernel: “4.6.3-300.fc24”. This release brings the NST distribution on par with Fedora 24.
Here are some of the highlights for this release:
- NST will now be delivered as a 64 bit image only. 32 bit images have been retired.
- A new Multi-Traceroute (MTR) networking tool has been developed for NST 24. This tool provides an interactive Traceroute visual using Scapy similar to the Traceroute Command and has been integrated into the NST WUI. Results from the tool can expose load balance tiers and NAT. NST uses the Python 3 version of Scapy known as Scapy3k. MTR includes new networking features such as running multiple queries with each target, display of Round Trip Time (RTT), selection of using Network Protocols: TCP, UDP and ICMP and enhanced SVG graphical results. Key NST WUI integration features include GUI options interface, an interactive MTR SVG graphic, NST IPv4 Address Tools integration, IPv4 Address Geolocation, MTR session Packet Capture, ASN lookup, MTR historical session selection and management, MTR SVG graphic editing, MTR session console output access and SVG Graphic image conversion.
The MTR graphic below shows the results of running a TCP Multi-Traceroute session to both the “www.networksecuritytoolkit.org” and “www.bing.com” sites using ports: “80” and “443” with a query count of “2”. This results in a total of “8” trace routes. See the “Document on MTR” at the NST Wiki site for additional usage examples and a reference guide.
- A new interactive 3D Pie Chart depicting the results from a ntop Deep Packet Inspection (nDPI) is now an integral part of the NST WUI Network Packet Capture protocol decode. An example nDPI Decode visual is shown below. See the “Document on 3D Pie Chart of nDPI Detected Protocols” at the NST Wiki site for a reference diagram.
- Added the “SSLyze” project for analyzing a server’s SSL configuration to the NST Networking Tools Widget.
- A darkness/lightness Google Map control has been added the the NST Map Tools. This control allows to one to make the background map image less intrusive.
- As always, the networking and security applications included have been updated to their latest version which can be found in themanifest.
- For more details related to the code changes for this release, refer to the “Change Log” page.
Copyright 2016 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- iOS Art App iOrnament showcased in Apple Retail Stores and on WWDC 2017 - June 23, 2017
- Mixoo – The ultimate Photo Editing App gets a Major Update - June 23, 2017
- Moneyspire Announces Support for Over 9,000 Financial Institutions - June 23, 2017